The following two (2) changes will be part of the approval process for the 2023-24 school year:
- Volunteers at all three levels will now be required to provide proof of Tuberculosis (TB) clearance every four (4) years. If you have proof of TB clearance within the last four (4) years, that is acceptable to meet this requirement
- Please consult directly with your medical provider to find out information about what TB test option is best for you.
- You can also locate community providers for testing if you don’t have access to your own medical provider.
- We also encourage you to review more information on Tuberculosis and TB testing from Contra Costa Health Services.
- Level Three volunteers will now be required to complete Mandated Reporter training annually (takes approximately 40 minutes to complete) and Sexual Harassment training every two (2) years (takes approximately 60 minutes to complete) Training links coming soon!
If you are currently registered in BAM, you will receive an email from them soon prompting you to complete any new requirements, including trainings, prior to the start of the next school year. All new requirements must be completed by August 9, 2023. We strongly recommend you begin this process prior to June 30, 2023 (but after June 2nd!), to avoid delays in receiving clearance for the 23-24 school year! Volunteers in the BAM system who have not completed all of the updated requirements by August 9, 2023, will not be allowed to volunteer until they have done so.